The college, since it is affiliated to GGSIP University, New Delhi for B.Ed, it follows Admission Policy of the university. The intake of the college is 100 students and the admissions for the course for all 100% seats are done by the university via Common Entrance Test (CET).
The following are the main points to be kept in mind:
- For details regarding admission policy of the university, reservations, and other details the candidates are requested to see the website: http://www.ipu.ac.in of GGSIPU.
- The college does not directly entertain applications from the students. All applicants must appear in the CET for admission
- Only CET qualified applicants shall be considered for admission, through University Counselling, subject to fulfillment of eligibility and admission criteria.
- Interested candidates should visit the University website and download the Admission Brochure and go through and follow all the rules and regulations regarding submitting of application forms, sitting in the entrance examination, attending Counselling sessions, submitting of fee etc.
- Application forms shall be available in the online mode form the University website i.e. ipu.ac.in
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ascertain whether he/she possess the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing in the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The candidates must go through the conditions for filling the admission form and admit cards by the University and keep details regarding login id and password safe.
- Candidates have to be very careful about choosing the CET that they want to apply for as the University may not entertain any change thereafter.
- The candidates have to keep themselves posted on the schedule of CET and various Counselling sessions/ rounds.
- The candidates are advised to see Admission Brochure for all formats of self-declaration/ affidavits/ undertakings required at the time of admission
- Eligibility criteria (as per Admission Brochure 2016-17)
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in Bachelors degree and/or in Masters degree in Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities
Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathemetics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
NOTE: candidates having fulfilled the eligibility conditions, as mentioned above, may opt for any two teaching methodology subjects, as given below for graduates and post-graduates:
- Graduates: Candidates must have passed at least two subjects out of the following list of the teaching methodology subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Integrated Science, Social Science.
- Post-graduates: Candidates may have passed their post-graduation in any of the following subject-areas: English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Accountancy, Business Studies, Political Science, History, Geography, Economics and Home Science as per the requirements of the University. But at present the college offers Pedagogy Courses at Post-graduation level only for M.Com and MA Economics candidates.
- The university strictly abides by NCTE norms for admission in B.Ed
- Candidates are advised not to choose two languages as teaching methodology subjects
- The choice of subjects shall be based on subjects studied by the candidate at graduation or post-graduation level. The first teaching subject can be based on the post-graduation of the students (if any) and second teaching subject can be from the graduation level. M.Com students may choose both the teaching subjects from the Post-graduate level.
- The college adheres to the reservation policy of the GGSIPU. For details please refer to the university website.
The college will follow all the norms and procedures of SCERT, Delhi regarding admissions of students, fee structure and reservation policy.