To be a premier institution of Teacher Education striving for excellence in orienting future generation of Educators and Educational Practitioners; who can touch upon the lives and personalities of their students in a meaningful and sensitive manner; and thereby acting as a catalyst in transforming our society.
To fulfill the purpose of education elucidated by Kulpati K M Munshiji’s and to translate Munshiji’s vision into reality, the following are the missions of the College:
- To create academically proficient educators who are socially and culturally sensitive and reflective.
- To develop the right kind of knowledge, skills and attitudes among future teachers so that they are able shoulder the responsibility of being an educator in the 21st
- To give student-educators Roots in terms of our age old Values and Wings in terms of realising and bringing to the fore their innate capacities, capabilities and potentialities.
- To make each and every student-educator not only acknowledge but accept and celebrate diversity in all its diverse manifestations.
- To bring about an all-round and holistic development of personality through educational experiences which are in consonance with the ideals of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and its belief in “Knowledge is Nectar”.
- Truth, Love and Beauty: They are the three names of our self. To understand the meaning of Life, a harmony between Truth, Love and Beauty is essential. A world without beauty and love is without fulfillment, and a world without truth is without substance.
- Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: The whole world is one family so making student teacher prepare for active participation not just at the National but at International level
- Empowerment : growing by Learning and realising innate potentials to maximum
- Inclusion: Respect for multiple perspectives and view-points leading to multi-culturalism and tolerance
- Integrity: Quality of being honest and having strong moral values
- Lifelong Learning: Embracing life as a learning experience and being open to all kinds of experiences
- Celebrating Diversity: Respect to each and every individual irrespective of caste, class, creed, religion, language, sexual orientation or abilities
- Collaboration: working together with other people and organisation for shared vision and goals
- Personal and Professional Balance: Maintaining a healthy balance between personal life and professional life
- Relationships: Maintaining and valuing various relationships in life
- Excellence: Pursuing excellence continually to exceed expectations
- Fairness and Justness: To give just and fair treatment to one and all
- Compassion: To be an empathetic human being and have a compassionate disposition